A good oral hygiene regime for the whole family is important to prevent many dental problems from starting or developing. At your regular check-ups our dentists will perform a thorough examination, but there are steps the whole family can take to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) recommends organising a check-up for all children before their first birthday. At this appointment, we allow the child to become familiar with the dental surgery. We make this visit fun so that they grow up feeling comfortable visiting the dentist for regular check-ups.
These are our recommendations for the whole family:
- Children aged 0-18 months: Adult to clean without toothpaste
- Children aged 18 months to 5 years: Twice daily cleaning with childrens fluoride toothpaste.
- Children aged 6 years plus: Twice daily cleaning with pea sized amount of adult fluoride toothpaste.
- Adults should supervise childrens brushing until age 8.
- Attend regular check-ups as recommended by your dentist.
We may recommend specific products for patients of all ages depending on their needs. Our dentists are more than happy to discuss any concerns you have regarding different dental products at your appointment.
Call us on (02) 96262033 to schedule an appointment