At Complete Family Dental, we undertake a select range of oral surgery at our Quakers Hill clinic. Whether your procedure is done on site here or in a hospital will depend on the extent of damage or the scope of what needs to be done. This is a matter of judgement, experience and commonsense. There is always the right instrument for the job. It requires more than adequate analgesia and possibly sedation. We normally take less than 15 minutes and 30 minutes at maximum.
We undertake general oral surgery procedures including but not limited to:
- General extractions: teeth which need to be removed for oral health and hygiene purposes.
- Wisdom teeth removal: single wisdom teeth which are impacted and need to be removed
- Broken roots: minor treatment of root fractures, to prevent further damage
- Cysts: removal of benign cysts within the mouth
- Frenectomies: removal of frenulum (middle of upper lip or under tongue) for proper fit of dentures, or to help treat other issues such as gum recession, severe gingivitis and ankyloglossia
- Apicoectomies: also known as retrograde root canal treatment
For single teeth extractions we aim to have you in the chair no longer than 30 minutes.
Other surgeries, including multiple wisdom teeth, require I.V sedation or general analgesia in hospital.
Depending on the type of surgery you require, you may or may not be covered by your insurer.
Please schedule an appointment for us to asses you, call 02 9626 2033